Monday, October 01, 2007

Dream cycle number 4

I usually have absolutely no memory of any dreams that I have while I'm asleep. This is usually a blessing as I am still haunted by two dreams I had when I was about six years old. One involved me riding a motorbike with Gremlins clinging to my face and making the ride really scary. The other was a very weird one where I ate a Ghostbusters lolly - even though I knew it was wrong - which then caused my eyes to go blotchy, similar to when you rub your eyes loads. Then a big curtain fell down and ghosts came out.

Bear in mind I had never watched Ghostbusters or Gremlins until I was at least fifteen. These dreams came solely from my fevered mind and possibly catching a bit of the poster when it was being advertised.

I am pleased to announce that my most recent dreams have been very pleasant. Most strange in what happened, but I've never woken up in a sweat screaming for my Mum from them.

One involved me chatting to TV's famous weather strumpet at some sort of castle (I presume it was Alton Towers). Claire then introduced Emmy The Great, who was playing her guitar to some kids while she was riding a pink flamingo boat ride. As I wanted to speak to Emmy and annoy her with some geeky fanboy worship I walked behind the flamingo along the tracks.

My second dream involved me chatting to Rilo Kiley in a hotel room, which then quickly changed to me walking through a shopping mall, then I noticed two people wearing Double Denim. Seeing a 'quad' of denim made me think of a 'lay-on-lay'. So then I wandered through the mall singing 'Lay-on-Lay-on-Lay' to the tune of 'ole, ole, ole, ole'. Which resulted in me interrupting a wedding by singing this and having a crowd of people following me.

Freya says I cannot do this at our wedding. Even though it was The Best Thing Ever. I had a massive smile on my face all day.

What dreams have you had recently readers? And did they involve obscure songs from kids tv shows?

2 comments:

Simon said...

I can't say I can join in on the song front, although clearly I may have to eventually travel to Stoke on Trent just to sing the appropriate song, but in actual reality I have seen Emmy The Great in a woodland clearing next to a piano. The prosaic nature of the actuality (it was at End Of The Road festival's secret garden area) is, I feel, levelled out by the surprise and not unwelcome denouement (she accidentally flashed me her knickers).

Unknown said...

I think Freya & I are going to have to go to End Of The Road as it sounds rather fun.

Having never seen Emmy The Great live I am unsure if knicker-flashing is a regular occurrence. However my brother & I swear we saw Jenny Lewis flash her knickers at a Rilo Kiley gig, but Freya says we imagined it.