Sunday, January 21, 2007

Eggs I really love you...

...Like the sky above

Re-reading my last post & it doesn't make much sense. I can't even use being drunk as an excuse for it as I wasn't. And I won't be again for a while. I've decided to give up the demon booze. It's been on the cards for a while. At Christmas I drank for the first day we were in Germany and then never again for the rest of the trip.

And I've never really enjoyed getting drunk. Sure I've had fun, but I think it's the kind of fun I'd have enjoyed without drink anyway. And the hangovers! On my Dad's side of the family we've never really got on well with hangovers. Even on three beers I've woken up feeling rather rubbish.

The tipping point was on Friday. I went out for a few beers and it was good, but I came home feeling a bit dodgy. Then when we went to sleep I just couldn't. I had to get up and play on the pc until about 1am. Which is not good, even on a weekend.

So now I won't be drinking for a while. I doubt I'll miss it. Even on nights out I should be able to have fun without drink. Let's see how long it'll last.

In other news 1up has a good website about free games on the pc. Have only played one - the phone. It's good but rather short. I'm quite intrigued by the Hitchikers remake which rather appeals to the geek in me*.

* And I need to go on about the geek in me in another post.

No comments: