Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gwenno, Becki, Rose...

1,2,3 let's go!

Dan Aykroyd is making wine.

Is this part of the Sideways effect? Apparently Sideways made wine culture cool again. It's resulted in a bizarre Top Gear meets Food And Drink BBC2 show which is pretty much a copy of Sideways but with far more insults. And now it's caused Dan Aykroyd to invest in Ontario wines.

The thing is Sideways was enjoyable, but it's still not made me want to drink wine. Wine just totally annoys my taste buds. I always think wine should taste like blackcurrant juice as it looks like blackcurrant juice. I know that's not the case, but my tastebuds are expecting blackcurrant juice and they're disappointed with the slightly dry taste that wine gives me.

Similarly I don't like coffee, tea or any hot drink. But I will drink Coke which apparently you could clean your toilet with. My taste buds are weird. They allowed me to eat that dodgy sandwich today that caused me to go to the toilet for a long time.

Anyway, Ontario wines? I think they need more than one million dollars to be invested in them to make them cool. Particularly now Dan Aykroyd invests in them.

Although Dan Aykroyd may be becoming cool again now there's a band (sort of) named after him. Behold:

Dananananaykroyd

Possibly the best name ever for a band, apart from my band which will be called Benji Bear and the Modern Haircuts.

No comments: