Thursday, November 29, 2007

NBPM 29: Pods

That's it. I've had enough of Danny Baker. He was reasonably amusing on his All Day Breakfast Show, but the constant repetition of the same stories and anecdotes got on my wick. I also don't rate Amy Lame and Baylen Leonard that much either.

However when I heard he had restarted his footy shows with Danny Kelly I thought I'd give them a go. And I enjoyed them, but again I've reached my limit. They had some nonsense where they were drawing teams out a hat and renaming them as another team (so Bolton became Man City). This went on for about twenty minutes and Baker found it hilarious. Kelly seemed to notice that it wasn't actually that interesting and said "We'll edit this", but Baker overruled.

The thing is the punters he has on both shows have really interesting stories, but Baker just has to give his example of the story everytime someone starts telling their own. It just stops the flow. And there's only so many times you can repeat one joke ("I agree" - A Escobar).

In other podcast news:
  • I tried listening to the 1up yours podcast again. Managed to download the latest one. Was just under three hours. Got bored after 45 minutes after they'd spent half of that time going on about the differences between Manhunt and Manhunt 2*.
  • Wrestlecrap radio is still excellent.
  • My ann art entry got read out on onelifeleft. I was wrong as I expected.
* Something about story V plot.

1 comment:

Simon said...

I think Baker has now realised that it turned out so tortuous a draw it wasm't worth fully following up in the end. And in any case, this week you're missing the player names Bohemian Rhapsody, which is six minutes of unfettered genius.